Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Birthday

My birthday is less than 2 weeks away. Yesterday C asked me what I wanted to do. He offered to hire a babysitter for Wild Man so that we can also celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary, which is on June 24, about a week after Z's due date. But I truly have no idea what I want to do. I mean, a romantic evening would be really nice, but honestly, at 38 weeks pregnant (which is what I'll be on my birthday), I doubt I'll be feeling very romantic. . .

I guess I better come up with something so C isn't disappointed.

3 comments:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I suspect what he wants is to spend some 'couple' time with you before Z. I can see how the romantic evening may not go anyplace -- but, how about hiring a sitter for the day and doing a couple's package at a spa? Do some combination of mani-pedi, massage, facial or whatever... and lunch. I know spas around here are trying to promote their couples services -- and it will be a long time before you can get some pampering in for yourself...

Tell him part of the present is that he makes the arrangements. This will insure that he's comfortable with the spot etc. In our area most of the good spas have extensive websites, so finding a place and getting a feel for it isn't difficult.

M said...

That is a great idea! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Is it possible that C just offered so that you wouldn't be disappointed?