Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wild Man and Baby Z

We've been talking a lot about Baby Z's impending arrival these days, and I think Wild Man is starting to understand that we will have a baby in the house soon. We've put up the bedding and hung curtains in Z's room, something that didn't make him very happy. In fact, the day C did all this Wild Man announced that the crib is his bed and that the baby will have to sleep elsewhere. He and I talked about sleeping arrangements yesterday, and it seems that C will be taking the brunt of Wild Man's frustrations. Wild Man has determined that Z will sleep in her "basket" (we bought a moses basket on a rocker for her to use while she sleeps in our room), C will sleep in the crib, I will sleep in mine and C's bed, and Wild Man will either sleep in his bed or in "Mommy's bed." When I asked him if he thought his dad would fit in the crib, he reconsidered and grudgingly said, "Daddy sleep with Mommy."

Yesterday at dinner Wild Man asked if Z will nurse at my nu-nus (his word for breasts, which he came up with all on his own). C decided to handle this one, and said yes, Z will nurse just like you did. Wild Man pondered this and then asked "Will the baby chew Mommy's nu-nus?" I tried desperately not to laugh, but I barely managed to avoid spitting my water all over C. C explained that babies don't have teeth, so they just nurse, either their mommys' breasts or from a bottle. Wild Man then declared, "Baby Z eat my nu-nus." I think we're making progress, but I'm not 100% sure.

This weekend we're going to show him the pictures of the three of us at the hospital following his birth. We're hoping this will make him understand a little better what's going on. C also told him that our good friends Megs and Solon with their girls Jeezy and Lion Cub will be coming for a visit around the time Z is scheduled to arrive. This news ended all serious conversations about Z as Wild Man couldn't stop talking about Jeezy and Solon. So, Megs, if you're reading this, you better prepare Jeezy: Wild Man is going to show her how to dig for worms in our backyard. He said he can't show Lion Cub because she's too little.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, don't be mentioning that you decorated Z's room and leave us all hanging with a distinct lack of photos, because that's just cruel.

Anonymous said...

Jeezy will so dig for worms. She'll love it! As for me, I think the cub and I will sit inside and watch. We're precious, you know!

Can't wait. Solon and I are figuring out how the hell we're going to do this trip and I think we'll just all drive out to see you and then head back in July to visit the fam. That way, I can definitely be there for Z's entrance into the world!

M said...

Sorry, Jennie! I haven't posted pics b/c the room is still a bit of a mess. I promise to post some just as soon as it is completely organized, probably by Monday or Tuesday.

And Megs, I didn't expect you to dig for worms!

Lilian said...

Oh, I second Jennie and can't wait for pictures!!