Monday, May 11, 2009

Home

I got home yesterday, although I left Southwest College Town on Saturday. C surprised me by reserving a hotel room for us on Saturday night, which meant we didn't have to drive back to CU Land on Saturday night. The three of us had a nice dinner and hung out in the hotel room. Then yesterday we went shopping and had a nice lunch before driving back to CU Land. It was a quiet, relaxing day, which is exactly what the three of us needed after being apart for almost a week. I have to say, seeing Wild Man run to me from across the airport was just as wonderful as hearing my adviser say I'd passed my defense. He proudly presented me with a Mother's Day present--a very pretty bead bracelet that he'd made himself at school. As wonderful as it was to be with all of my friends and to defend, it was more wonderful to be back with my boys again. Wild Man and I are spending the day together, and then tomorrow, I get back to work. I'm giving myself 2 weeks to finish all my revisions, although I'm hoping it will take less time. Then C and I begin the arduous task of organizing closets and making other final preparations for Z's arrival. Only 5 1/2 weeks to go. . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds perfect.

I am so glad we got to see you! We both had a great time; Luke has been talking about you ever since. And...he did take a nap in the car on the way home, so it was a very peaceful drive.

M said...

It was wonderful to see you and Luke as well!

I showed Wild Man the few pictures I took of Luke in the park, and he said, "I want to play with him!"

thursdaynext.21 said...

It was really great to see you. and I'm so happy that you are on to the next phase!!!!