Friday, January 02, 2009

A little lonesome

I just received a very supportive and encouraging email from my adviser, and all of a sudden I am missing Southwest College Town and all of our friends. I've been having a rough few days mentally with my dissertation, and as usual, my adviser helped me put things in perspective. I miss being able to meet with her to talk about these things, not only because she is a great adviser but because she is a great mentor and a good friend. Top that off with the sense of isolation both C and I have felt since we returned from our travels and viewing all the Christmas photos everyone has sent me, and I'm really missing my friends. Most days I really like our life in CU Land, but today, I'd like nothing better than to meet everyone for coffee and watch Wild Man run around the fountain with all of his friends.

2 comments:

supadiscomama said...

We would love that too :)

Lilian said...

Oh, I'm sorry you're lonesome. It's a familiar feeling for me after so many years of displacement from so many things. I'm sending positive thoughts your way, particularly regarding the dissertation. I know about that too, but it will end. hopefully soon!