Thursday, January 29, 2009

Progress

I've made some real progress in the past few days--post mini-breakdown. Yesterday I managed to write 4 pages and begin revising the chapter as well. As I was making some revisions I realized that one section I had planned to write I had, in fact, already written. Now instead of writing said section I just need to write a short paragraph that connects the first section of the chapter in which I discuss this issue to the second section of the chapter. I know this is all fairly cryptic, but it does make my life infinitely easier.

In other news, C completed a major grant today--the third he's submitted in the past two weeks. He has plans to begin work on a book prospectus and he also has to revise a short paper for a conference he is attending in April. But, other than teaching, he has no major deadlines for the rest of the semester. In fact, he has no major deadlines until the fall. So he has agreed that the next 10 weeks will be about me. We're making the chore chart this weekend, and we're also planning a huge trip to Costco (thanks for the idea, Jennie!) to stock up on easy to make meals. I'm a bit obsessive about healthy food for my family, so we already have a few things in the freezer. Now I just have to focus on my work and letting things go. I will make this happen!

2 comments:

Lilian said...

YAY!!! I almost have tears of joy in my eyes for you. I know how hard it is and how much harder it is for you and everyone else (b/c I had my parents).

Isn't it so great when we find some writing that we had and had forgotten about! It's like a precious gift, isn't it?

I'm thrilled for you and I hope C can help you as much as possible and I'm sure that you can do it!! :-D

Anonymous said...

Yay! Of couse you will make it happen, none of us ever had any doubt.