Friday, July 18, 2008

Do men really find pregnancy sexy?

I'm still thinking about sex and pregnancy. But now I'm wondering whether men really find pregnancy sexy? According to Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt finds pregnancy incredibly sexy, and while I do realize she is trying to promote an image of herself and of them as a couple, her comments have made me consider the sexiness of pregnancy from another angle, especially after reading "Pregnant sex brings thrills, fears." I'm not sure what I want to say about this, but I am thinking about it. Perhaps later I will have something more insightful to say, but for now, I'm throwing this out there (and I'm hoping that the few men who read this blog will actually comment): do men (and I mean real men, not Brad Pitt) actually find a pregnant woman sexy? Do most men want to have sex with their pregnant wives or girlfriends? Do men find pregnant women, whom they have no connection to, sexually attractive? I also want to point out, as Academama did in her comment on my original post, there is a difference between finding someone sexy and wanting to have sex with someone.

4 comments:

harrogate said...

Hmmmm.

One supposes it is understood that, as in most all things, it is impossible to make a blanket statement on this. What "men" find sexy would perhaps in no setting more subject to spirited debate, than in a random gathering of men.

For that matter one can be sure that even among friends with similar tastes/personalities, there would be broad differentiation, were all layed bare (pun intended).

All subsequent answers must spring from this rejection of totalization.

Some men no doubt are attratced to their pregnant significant others, while others would likely prefer to put things on hold, as it were, for a while. Same with this query: "Do men find pregnant women, whom they have no connection to, sexually attractive?" Again, the answer to this is the same as McCain's answer to the question, boxers or briefs: "Depends." Depends on the woman in question, depends on the man who sees her. Etc.

But with all this necessary sandbagging out of the way, Harrogate will say that if a woman feels that she is sexy, whether pregnant or not, her significant other will be far more likely to view her that way, too.

Anonymous said...

I get hit on by random strangers daily when I'm pregnant. that's all I know. And I don't feel sexy. I feel like a manatee.

Oxymoron said...

I agree with brother Harrogate: it all depends.

Kate said...

I agree that it depends. I think it depends on what mommy issues the guy has -- he may be turned on, he may be absolutely repelled. TD loved me pregnant.