Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Jennie

A few weeks ago, one of my bloggy friends, Jennie, and I realized that we actually live with in driving distance of one another. Since I'm about to relocate to another country soon, we decided we should seize the opportunity and meet. So on Saturday C and I loaded Wild Man into the car (and all the paraphernalia that it takes to keep him amused for an hour and a half car ride), and we spent a wonderful day with Jennie, who blogs at My Handful, and her family. It was so great to actually meet Jennie, although it felt a bit odd to know so much about someone I've never actually met. We had a delightful time chatting while the boys played together. I was a bit sad leaving though, as I really think we could become good friends if only we weren't moving to the wilds of Canada.

Thanks for having us over, Jennie. We all had such a good time--in fact, C is trying to convince me to buy Wild Man a slip 'n slide to use for the rest of the summer. But I actually think he wants one for himself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what? We can still become good friends, no matter where we live. We all loved meeting each one of you. And definitely get Wild Man a slip 'n slide--best summer entertainment ever! Just not for C or anybody else over 100lbs (boo hoo, since that disqualifies me too).

M said...

I don't think the weight limit would stop C! And I definitely plan to keep in touch and continue developing our friendship.