Monday, July 28, 2008

The Movers . . .

. . . have arrived, and they are methodically packing our house. In the 2 plus hours they've been here, they've already packed our entire kitchen and living room. It is equally nice and disconcerting having someone else do this for us.

I'm thinking and feeling lots of things right now, but my primary concern is Wild Man. He was fairly upset this morning when I left to go teach, and C said he had to stay with him for about 20 minutes before Wild Man was willing to go to his teacher. He apparently kept asking for me, and C thinks Wild Man thought I was going away. That is a fair assumption. He did see me putting clothes into a suitcase this morning. My plan this afternoon is to keep him away from the house as long as possible. Judging from the way the guys (did I mention there is only 2 of them) are packing, I'd say they'll be done by 6:00 or so, if not earlier. I know it will be disconcerting for him to see boxes everywhere, but I'm hoping he'll be able to deal with that better than seeing people packing up all of our things.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking and feeling boo-hoo right now. For myself, that is. Because I'm self-involved like that. I'm going to miss you guys! [As everybody else in Southwest College Town goes, huh? who the heck is Jennie?] As for Wild Man and C and you, M, you're all going to be just fine no matter where you are.

p-duck said...

I second Jennie's assertion that ya'll will be fine. Also, remember that it IS a small world. I'm still amazed that Supadiscomama and I went to HS in the same town, Harrogate and I graduated from the same college a year apart, and you and paperweight are from one of my favorite towns--and one my family has visited often. We WILL all meet again.

M said...

Jennie--I know who you are, and I will miss you a lot!