Monday, July 28, 2008

Packed

Other than a few odds and ends, we are packed, and frankly, I am amazed. Two men packed the contents of our entire house in just over 8 hours. Even more amazing, C received a phone call from the person driving the moving van, and the moving van will be arriving in CU Land late Saturday afternoon. This means that we will have furniture by the time Wild Man and I arrive next week. C called me with this news as I was leaving the gym, and my entire mood changed. I went from anxious to somewhat relieved. Now I do not have to figure out how to keep Wild Man occupied for any length of time in an empty three-story town home. C will be able to set Wild Man's room up for him, which will make the transition much easier on him. Now I don't feel like I'm putting him through something horrific.

2 comments:

Lilian said...

I'm so glad your move is going quite smoothly so far! And may I say that I'm quite jealous and hope with all my heart that (barring the move that will have to come if we sell the house) our next "big move" will be paid for by K's next employer -- hopefully a university/ college somewhere.

Your letters to your friends are absolutely beautiful -- what a good friend you are!! I'm happy to know you and be your friend too, even if it's just virtually! :-)

I'm sure the next weeks will be very emotional for you, but I hope that the good things, the novelties, make it easier for you. I'm sure Wild Man will be fine because children are quite adaptable (most of them). Kelvin was not yet 2.5 when we moved from MA to PA and he was great. Last year Linton was 3 and he did feel it more than Kelvin ever did, but he was OK too -- I know that both of them are much older than Wild Man, but hopefully WM will be OK too.

Oxymoron said...

Awesome.

But [sniff, sniff].