Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Supadiscomama

Dear Supadiscomama,

I'm writing this to you because I know that you will tell me to shut up if I attempt to tell you any of these things in person. And frankly, I don't think I could get through this without dissolving into tears if I attempted to tell you in person.

I remember the first day we met, almost 5 years ago now. Your then boyfriend introduced us, and over lunch during orientation we chatted about grad school, life in Southwest College Town, and moving. I doubt either of us realized how close we would become and the life experiences we would share in the next five years.

I could go on and on the things we've done together (too many margaritas and cosmos to count; shopping for shoes and then baby clothes; wedding showers and baby showers; Sex and the City finales and premiers; disagreements and reconciliations; lots of gossip and even more laughs). I simply want to tell you that I will miss you more than words can express. I will miss everything about you, my dear friend, from your blunt way of putting things to the tender way you pick my son up to the way you inspire me to get to the gym. Most of all I will miss just talking to you.

As we have done so many times in our relationship I will rely on Sex and the City to say what I find I cannot say.

In Season 6, as Samantha is battling breast cancer, Carrie tells Petrovsky the following: "Samantha is my friend. She's my family. My insides. She will be fine because she has to be fine. That's how important she is to me." That is precisely how I feel about you.

Love,
M.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your letter. It seriously brought a tear to my eye. I see how your relationship with supadisocqueen was/is unexpected as you both are completely different yet similar in so many beautiful ways. I have no doubt you will both be fine because you have to be during this transition. I can only aspire to be as strong a woman as either one of you are. I will stop writing now because supadiscqueen will surely (and unapologetically) tell us both to "shut up."

supadiscomama said...

Bitch! Now *I'm* going to cry :) At least we'll get to have the final one-week-long slumber party!

M said...

I think, L, that she already has--or at least muttered it under her breath!

supadiscomama said...

No, ladies, I haven't and won't tell you to shut up. Besides, look at how mismatched the SATC women are as friends--yet they are also perfectly suited to one another at the same time!

Thanks for the sweet bloggy au revoir. Or shall I say, à tout à l'heure (I'll see you soon)!

Oxymoron said...

"It seriously brought a tear to my eye."

"Bitch! Now *I'm* going to cry :)"

ditto. ditto (without the "bitch").

Anonymous said...

Awwww, that was so sweet.