Tuesday, January 15, 2008

C and my blog

So I asked the question I did last week out of curiosity. I really wondered whose spouse/partner read their blogs on a regular basis and how other blogging women felt about that. I wonder because a lot of our friends read my blog on a fairly regular basis, and everyone assumes that C reads it too. On more than one occasion he has been asked his opinion on a post I've written. He also received a fair amount of ribbing after I posted about his concerns with Wild Man and makeup. C doesn't read my blog, and to be quite honest, I like it that way. In fact, I've asked him not to read it. I don't, as AcadeMama succinctly said in her comments, blog about anything that I wouldn't discuss with him. And as Anastasia said, I talk to C about almost everything that I blog about. In fact, he knows a lot about the blogs I read as I often talk to him about the posts I find interesting and the virtual relationships I have developed. Quite honestly, he isn't interested in reading my blog; he has said it would be akin to reading my journal, and since he certainly wouldn't want me to read his journal, he isn't going to read mine. He has my blog bookmarked on his computer, and occasionally he'll go to it when I specifically ask him to. Other than that, I actually think he forgets that I blog unless I bring it up.

1 comment:

mgm said...

It's the same for me as it is everyone else. He knows about it but doesn't really read it unless I say there's something he should read. But I don't think my IRL friends who read it assume that he reads it, too, which might be kind of odd. And no, I don't post anything I wouldn't say to him, but that really doesn't limit me much since I tell him anything and don't feel the need to bite my tongue around him.

Great question!