Thursday, January 24, 2008

Is it possible?

A few minutes ago, as I left the restroom, I paused to wash my hands and to make sure I didn't have any of my lunch in my teeth. As I adjusted the v-neck sweater I'm wearing, I noticed something: I no longer have the voluptuous breasts of a newly lactating mother. In fact, if it is possible, I think my breasts are smaller now than they were before I got pregnant with Wild Man. I think I want to cry a little.

Don't get me wrong--I'm perfectly happy with my body. I'm petite, and I have a really high metabolism. I rarely have the time to work out, and I can eat mostly what I want and don't have to diet, not even to lose my pregnancy weight. I'm small chested, and I've always been happy with that. But it was really nice to have some cleavage for a while! I enjoyed having something to fill out the v-neck tops that I prefer. I don't want the double-Ds that came home from the hospital with me, but I would have preferred not to lose a half a size as a result of breast feeding either.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Commenting live from the petite and small-chested camp! Except for me, post-breastfeeding, well I actually think my breasts probably returned to their same pre-pregnancy size. It's just that the skin housing my breast tissue was all stretched out and saggy, giving the illusion that my breasts were smaller. Oh well. At least I don't have that lactating cleavage anymore. I couldn't handle being three cup-sizes bigger, I was always running into things or whacking my chest on doors!

Lilian said...

Hmmm, I thought I had written a long comment to this one but one of my sons must have shut off the computer before I got to post it.

First... I think I agree with Jennie that the breasts are probably not smaller, but the stretched tissue makes them feel that way. Now... Double Ds? Three cup-size bigger!? I think you two aren't really small chested compared to me, you're just normal :)...

While I was lactating I could finally fit into regular A bras because even those are too big for me, AA is probably too big as well :(. I really want a boob job, I kinda feel bad about it since as a feminist I know I should love my body the way it is, but I just feel depressed about them. The worst part for me is that now I know how it feels to have bigger breasts and even a bit of cleavage, so I really want to do it someday. (I'll blog about it whenever I muster the courage to do so).

M said...

I don't think it is anti-feminist to want plastic surgery, Lilian. It is your body and you're the one who has to live with it. If having bigger breasts would make you feel better about yourself, then you should do it, feminist theory be damned!