Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Timing continued

C & I discussed the timing issue yesterday, and he re-framed it for me in a way that takes some of the pressure off of me. He said that as far as he is concerned our decision will be based solely on whether or not he gets a tenure-track job this year. I know that won't be the only factor (a lot also depends on how much work I get done in the next 6 to 9 months), but having him frame it that way took a lot of the pressure off of me. I've also decided to try not to think about it so much. Honestly, as I told C yesterday, I'm surprised that I'm thinking about a second baby so soon after Wild Man. Watching him toddle around the living room as I type this, I'm reminded to take life one day at a time, something I'm not always good at. I don't want to become so focused on the timing of a second child that I miss out on things with Wild Man.

1 comment:

Lilian said...

I'm glad you talked about it and you're not so worried. Kelvin was 18 months when I got pregnant, BTW...